Don’t forget to sign up to get the latest dish from Someone Else’s Genius. It gets mighty lonely in here, talking to myself.
For tonight’s culinary delight, I decided to forgo the recipe and get creative.
For the record, I made this and put it in the slow cooker for a few hours, thinking “Hey, I’ve made a few like-minded recipe lately. I got this!” Unfortunately this recipe should NOT have sat in the slow cooker… at all… for any amount of time. Guess I didn’t “have it” after all. But I know how to fix it! So I will give you the “fixed” version.
(By the way, it still got all thumbs up from the kids – so the idea’s a keeper) I mean, c’mon! Kids love pizza, kids love mac n cheese, thus Pizza Mac n Cheese is born.
Pizza Mac n Cheese
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups milk (whole is best, but I used 1%)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 package pepperoni slices
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package, using minimum cook time; drain and set aside
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat; add flour and whisk until thoroughly combined. Add ground mustard and garlic powder
- Slowly add in milk, constantly stirring; turn the heat up to medium and bring to a boil for 1 minute, still stirring.
- Add cheddar cheese and half the mozzarella; stir until smooth
- Incorporate cooked macaroni to cheese sauce.
- Pour into an appropriate-sized casserole dish (you do not need to grease, but you can); Top with remaining mozzarella; cover with a layer of pepperoni
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and top layer of cheese is melted.
For dessert, I made a batch of the PB S’mores Bars – in the same size dish as last time, but this time I doubled the recipe. This time it worked! I’ll be posting my pictures on that post when I take it out of the fridge!
I’m 100% sure I’m not the first to create this recipe and I probably won’t be the last mom to think the 2 would go well together without looking at a recipe, so I will humbly take the credit for this culinary masterpiece and hope you enjoy!