Don’t they look tasty? I hope so, because they were! If you like snicker doodle cookies, you MUST try these muffins. The special ingredient makes them so moist, they melt in your mouth!
Now, to get these from my computer to your kitchen:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar (if you don’t have cream of tartar on hand, you can substitute with same amount white vinegar or lemon juice, in a pinch)
- 3/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar and 1 (or more, to taste) tbsp cinnamon mixed together for rolling
- Cream the butter and sugar until soft about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the vanilla.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar and nutmeg.
- Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to wet ingredients. Start with the flour and end with the flour. Mix well.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out batter one at a time and drop into a shallow bowl filled with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the muffin around in the mixture until it is covered completely in cinnamon sugar.
- Place muffin into muffin tin. Depending on the size of your tins, you should get about 12 to 14 muffins (we got 15). Bake them for 20-22 minutes.
- Let cool in tins for 2 minutes, then carefully remove and transfer to cooling rack.
Enjoy! The sour cream really does make all the difference. I did my due diligence and scoured her blog for this recipe…all the way back to 2007! Go here.