I’d love to say that, while making these cookies, everything was as it should be. But life loves to throw you little surprises, just to keep you on your toes.
This time, life melted my entire bag of white chocolate chips! Well, to be fair, a broken A/C and 90 degree heat melted my chips, but I learned my lesson and put the rest of my stash in the fridge. So, in my case, it was melty chunks instead of chips. Hopefully you’ll have better luck!
Oh, and these cookies are pretty small, so if you can find small baking chips, go for those!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain or vanilla flavored, preferrably a Greek variety
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Cream the butter, yogurt, honey and brown sugar together in a big bowl until they are creamy. Add the peanut butter and continue beating until it is completely blended. Beat in the eggs and add the vanilla.
- In a separate medium-size bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually stir the flour in with the wet ingredients until completely incorporated. Add the chips and mix them into the dough thoroughly.
- To form the cookies roll it in into a small/medium-sized ball in the palm of your hand. Place it on the cookie sheet and flatten it gently with either a fork or your hand.
- Bakefor 10 minutes until the bottom of the cookie is golden brown. Cool on a rack for a couple minutes before eating