I did not start out to make these, but I am more than happy with the result! Subconsciously, I must have been thinking about Christmas.
- 1 (15.25 oz) box Betty Crocker Yellow cake mix
- 10 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 2-3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 4 tbsp milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cupcake tins with non-stick spray or place liners in tin.
- Combine cake mix, oil, eggs and sour cream in a large mixing bowl; stir by hand with wooden spoon until smooth (no chunks)
- Add desired amount of cinnamon and nutmeg (to taste); stir to combine.
- Using a spoon or small scoop, fill cupcake tin(s) 2/3 full.
- Mix together brown sugar/cinnamon topping; sprinkle on top of batter before baking.
- Bake according to cake mix package: 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool a couple of minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Whisk together confectioner’s sugar, milk and vanilla – adding more sugar until desired thickness; allow to set for a couple minutes.
- Drizzle over cooled cupcakes.