It’s been a good week for happy accidents! I had planned on making the Chicken Crescent Rolls for dinner, but apparently while buying the groceries, one of us picked up the wrong cans of dough! We didn’t figure it out until dinner was already being made, so I improvised.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 (8 oz) cans Pillsbury Crescent: Recipe Creations Seamless Dough sheets
- 1-2 cups shredded chicken
- 4 oz cream cheese (very soft)
- 4 tbsp butter (very soft)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (I used Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Fold together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add chicken, carrots, garlic, seasonings; mix into cream cheese until completely incorporated. If mix seems too dry, add the mayo. Set aside.
- In saucepan, heat half and half with undiluted cream of chicken soup, stirring until smooth. Put soup mix into the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish. Place one of the sheets of dough on top of soup.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly over top of first dough layer. Cover with second sheet of dough. Brush top with egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top crust is golden brown.
Voila! Chicken Pot Pie Casserole! I was making things up as I went along yesterday, but I can see this has potential. I was thinking next time adding some other veggies, like peas, to make it more like the classic pot pies.