I needed something to do since baseball season and football season overlap, so I spent my time in the kitchen! I made these gluten free, but you can use regular rolled oats and all-purpose flour.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Carob Chip Cookies
(adapted from Brown Eyed Baker)
- 1 cup (gluten free) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (gluten free) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup carob chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 1 – 2 baking sheets with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined.
- Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
- Use a large spoon and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden.
- Cool for 3-4 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Enjoy! The carob chips really take these to another level!