I still have a ton of cake mix boxes in my pantry (hey, who can pass up a good sale?) so I wanted a recipe that would include using the cake mix, minus making a cake. I stumbled upon a recipe on Just a Pinch (here) and thought I’d give a whirl!
Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies
(from Just a Pinch member Sherry Symmonds)
- 1 box cake mix, any flavor (I used Betty Crocker’s Super Moist Yellow)
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of any add-in you want (I used 1/2 cup shredded coconut and 1/2 cup carob chips)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking sheet (or two).
- Cream together butter and cream cheese; add egg and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in dry cake mix a little at a time until combined.
- Fold in add-ins; drop by spoonful onto prepared sheet(s).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
These smell and taste de-lish!