I have been on a quest for cake… without the cake-making part. Last week, we had the Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies. This week, I wanted chocolate and had a box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix.
Triple Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
(adapted from Kitchen Scrapbook)
For my recipe, you’ll need:
- 1 (15.25 oz) box Betty Crocker Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (or all-purpose flour, if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet (or two!)
- Combine all ingredients, minus the shredded coconut together. (Kitchen Scrapbook says to use a mixer – I found the dough too thick for mine, so I ended up working it all in with a rubber-silicone spatula)
- Fold in shredded coconut.
- Roll into balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes; allow to cool on sheet for 2 minutes; transfer to cooling rack
That’s it! They are textured like brownies, but they are cookies! Nom nom. Enjoy!