This time I did it with purpose! I was going to use the shredded pork I made in the slow cooker a few days ago, but the chicken was older and needed to be used ASAP.
Since it was such a big family hit last time, I asked my kids if they wanted me to make it again, since Hubby is at work ’til late. By overwhelming consensus, this recipe won out! It’s always nice to have your creations appreciated, especially by picky little eaters.
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole #2
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 4-6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrot mix
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cheese, whatever flavor you like (I used a taco/nacho blend)
- 1/2 half n half
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Seamless Dough
- 1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Fold together softened cream cheese and butter until combined; add in chicken, salt, garlic, and 1/2 the cheese.
- In a saucepan, combine soup, half n half, vegetables, and other 1/2 of cheese; stir until warm and cheese is mostly melted. Remove from heat.
- Add chicken mix to soup mix; stir until combined.
- Take 1 can of seamless dough, lay it on bottom of a greased 9×13 casserole dish. Add filling and spread evenly over dough.
- Take can #2 of seamless dough and top the filling mixture, making sure dough meets dough wherever possible. Brush the top of dough with egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to sit for a few minutes after removing from oven. Serve and enjoy!
Oh! I sprinkled a little salt and garlic on top – that’s what gives it that purdy color!
It’s not too different from my original, but this one was on purpose, so I wanted to share that not just happy accidents can be delicious!