Moving on. I wanted something quick for dinner that involved pumpkin and didn’t require a trip to the store. I searched and searched. Most recipes I came across were pumpkin-pie, pumpkin-spiced, pumpkin sweet… not exactly what you want to serve your hyper children (+ a friend) for dinner!
I found this recipe: Savory Pumpkin Parmesan Ravioli (with Black Pepper Marshmallows) from Beakers and Bouillabaisse. You can view that recipe here. Honestly, if I was feeling brave and not under time constraints, I might have attempted the recipe as is. Unfortunately, I have 3 kids with under-developed palettes and short attention spans, so I adapted. Here’s my recipe:
What you’ll need:
- 12 oz Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cans crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together pumpkin, 1 egg, Parmesan, salt, onion powder, garlic, rosemary, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Roll out and separate triangles; spoon mixture onto dough and spread along length; roll into crescents.
- Beat other egg; brush onto crescents.
- Place on greased baking sheets; bake for 11-13 minutes.