Since I was neglectful yesterday, I’ve been in the kitchen, making up for it! Today you will get not one, but two yummy treats. Here is the first, especially for you:
Chocolate Sheet Cake with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 16.5 oz box chocolate cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge)
1 cup whole milk
1/3 cup melted butter (please note that if you use 1/3 cup of stick butter, it will melt = 1/2 cup)
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp orange juice (I used some pumpkin juice from the can)
1 tsp orange zest (I omitted – no OJ means no zest)
4 cups confectioners sugar
Pumpkin Pie spice (optional, to taste)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 15×10 baking sheet [jelly roll pan].
- Dump all ingredients for cake into a large bowl and mix together (I beat with my electric hand-mixer); pour onto sheet [pan]. Put in oven to bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cream together the cream cheese, butter and pumpkin until smooth; add vanilla and [orange juice/zest]; slowly add sugar and spice; blend well until completely combined. (I used all 4 cups, but I guess it depends how sweet you want it)
- Frost cake after it’s cooled; add any sprinkles or toppings, if desired. I added M&Ms but honestly, I don’t think the cake needed it!