Hello my wonderful peoples! I gave away so many spoilers on Facebook yesterday (if you’re not following yet, you should be… I’m awesome!), I thought it only fair that I post the final result of my mishap turned yum-fest. After all… you guys deserve it!
I’m posting this while watching Urban Legend (the first one)… I just had a laugh because Robert Englund is in it. He’s such an icon in the horror movie industry, when I see him in other movies or shows that aren’t related to Elm Street, I laugh. Like when he made an appearance on Bones (on Fox) in the episode where they investigate a murder at her high school reunion. He was all mysterious and creepy you thought he was the killer… it was seriously funny.
Well, I digress. Here’s what I was up to yesterday that had me all discombobulated in the kitchen. But what started out as a quest for Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse from Glorious Treats (here), turned into Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse, by me!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or cream (I used cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 16oz container whipped topping (I used Cool Whip)
- pumpkin pie spice, to taste
food coloring (orange or a combo of red/yellow)
- Beat cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer until fully smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar, then milk (or cream). Add vanilla and spice.
- Continue mixing. Beat about 1 minute on medium to medium-high speed. Add food coloring to get color desired, adding more as needed when folding whipped topping into cream cheese mixture. Stir until fully combined.
- Scoop into a piping bag or other cake decorating device. I used my Wilton Pro Cake Decorator – made things really easy. Squeeze mousse into serving cups, as many as desired.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least an hour (up to 24 hours) and enjoy!
I can’t wait to share it with my kids when they get home from school! I filled a rather large glass with what was left from the smaller ones for my husband and he’s been sneaking tastes, so apparently it’s got his approval.