I hope y’all got a chance to read my Living with a Neurological Disorder series (by series, I mean 3 posts). It’s personal for me to share, but it’s also not something I need to hide from, so I hope you took something new away from the posts!
I’m now almost 2 months post-surgery (the first one) and things got better for awhile, but in the past 2 weeks, have taken a turn for the worse uncomfortable. It’s been hard for me to get up and get around like I want.
You know that feeling you get when you stand up too fast and all the blood rushes to your head, then you feel dizzy? Yeah. I have that feeling if I stand too long, almost every time I stand up, and every night when I walk upstairs to bed. I’ve even fainted a few times.
But that is not the reason I am here today! On my good days, I’ve been trying to get back in the kitchen. The Big Man has been working hard, so the kids and I have been on our own for dinner. Usually it’s something that doesn’t require effort on my part or stuff the kids can make themselves. So our microwave has been getting a workout.
Last month, our baby boy turned 8. Eight! They need to stop growing up. I’m not ready! (Next week our daughter turns 10… yikes!)
For Little Sasquatch‘s birthday, I hopped on Pinterest and had him pick out what he wanted me to make for his birthday. After several falsely enthusiastic choices, we landed on Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza.
Start with the crust. There ‘s no wrong type of crust to use here. I chose a refrigerated can crust, but homemade or pre-made crust, like Boboli will work just fine. Make sure you follow the baking directions for your crust choice. Some frozen or refrigerated crusts need to be baked a little before adding toppings. Preheat the oven according to crust directions. Mine was 425 degrees and didn’t need pre-baking, so on to step 2.
- Pizza crust(s)
- Ranch dressing or Ranch dressing packet
- Minced garlic , to taste
- Approx. 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut in small pieces
- Approx. 2 cups shredded mozzarella per pizza
- Approx. 1 cup shredded cheddar per pizza
- Shredded Parmesan, to taste
- 1 lb bacon per 2 pizzas, diced
- 1 small bunch green onions, to taste, diced
- Prepare crust and ranch dressing.
- Spread ranch over crust, leaving a rim of clean crust on the outside.
- Spread out cooked, cut chicken over sauced area.
- Add mozzarella, then cheddar, then Parmesan.
- Sprinkle cooked, diced bacon and fresh green onions over cheese.
- Bake per crust instructions, let sit a couple minutes after removing, then slice and serve.
(Adapted from Tammy’s Recipes)