You know the time – the time when you’re coming to the end of a pay period and your fridge looks like you have been robbed. This is for when your groceries are running out, but you have one hell of a sugar craving. When you want cookies, but have no eggs… or cake mix and pumpkin because you used them the day before.
I must be in my manic phase – I cleaned the kitchen and baked cookies. Within hours! The next day I did allthethings – all the dishes, all the laundry, fixed Quesadilla’s dresser – which was wholly unorganized. I found three pair of socks that weren’t together, but both socks were in the drawer!
I even went as far as to put my own clothes away! (But I didn’t get much writing done *sad face*)
A far cry from my depressive days, for sure. So along with allthethings, deliciousness happens. Soft, chewy, sugary deliciousness happens on good days.
Eggless Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Preheat oven to 350° F/182° C
What You Need:
- 3 sticks unsalted butter (360 grams)
- 1½ C (300 grams) sugar
- 3 C (360 grams) flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) vanilla extract
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) cinnamon oil (found in the candy section of retail/craft stores)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- sugar crystals, for garnish (optional)
What to Do:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together room temperature butter with sugar until smooth and combined.
- Mix in vanilla and cinnamon oil.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Beat until well combined.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Roll balls of dough and flatten between hands. Place on cookie sheet.
- If using, add sugar crystals to top of cookie, pressing slightly to secure.
- Bake at 350°/182° for 12-14 minutes, checking at 10 and 12 minutes for signs of burning.