- 6 oz bag pre-cooked chicken strips, cut in pieces
- 1 c. shredded cheese (or more if you are a cheese hound)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning (+/- to taste) – I used a mild one
- Bag of Doritos (party size works well)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except Doritos®.
- In a greased 2 qt baking dish, put a layer of crushed Doritos® (about 2 cups), then a layer of the chicken mixture. Repeat once more.
- End with a layer of whole Doritos® and more cheese (optional).
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes, until bubbling hot.
*adapted from Jam Hands
After all the excitement, we attempted a fire, but the wood we planned on using was too wet, so instead we burned a bunch of our shreddables. I got the chance to mess around with the camera on my phone.
The kids had fun trying to roast their marshmallows while we kept the flame alive, so it was worth it. It was a nice night to spend outdoors!
Pleasant days and pleasant nights.