I am going to admit something: I do not like avocados.
I know what you are thinking. “How can she not like avocados but do a post on guacamole!?” And I will tell you.
Our homemade guacamole made me change my mind, at least where guacamole is concerned. I still do not like plain avocado, but you put together a decent guac and I am all over it!
I also do not like tomatoes but in guacamole, I gobble them up – no problem.
Another thing to make this awesome is it is the only guacamole our kids will eat, too!
What you need:
- 6 medium avocados
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 2 limes, juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- salt, to taste
- cilantro, chopped, to taste (optional)
- Scoop the avocado meat into a medium/large bowl.
- Remove seeds from jalapeños and dice. Add to bowl.
- Dice tomatoes. Add to bowl.
- Roll limes on hard surface, then cut in half and squeeze over bowl.
- Add garlic, salt, and cilantro.
- Stir and enjoy!
Serve with your favorite chips, put it on a burger – the possibilities are endless. Well… I would not put it on ice cream or cake, but… whatever floats your boat!
The tomatoes and cilantro give the avocados a fresh, crisp taste, the garlic mellows it out, and the jalapeños give it the right amount of heat.
*if you like it a little spicier, leave the jalapeño seeds in for extra kick.